Who the Heck Are We?
Co-Founders & Pastry Chefs
Laura Kate Adelman & Randy Sebastian
The couple behind Sebastian Bakehouse met in 2013 when Randy part of the Executive Team of the (then) brand new Horseshoe Casino in Downtown Cincinnati, hired Laura Kate as the very first culinarian for the property. Over the course of 2+ years, they soon discovered they work well together and quickly became really great friends.
After a few years, they decided to move to Randy’s hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada where Randy returned to the helm of Executive Pastry Chef of the iconic Caesars Palace Resort Hotel & Casino managing a crew of well over 300 chefs producing for over 32 restaurants throughout the property. Laura Kate, on the other hand, is polishing her dessert skills as the Executive Pastry Chef for Chef Nobu Matsuhisa at his 5-star restaurant & boutique hotel, Nobu-Las Vegas also in Caesars Palace creating memorable experiences for well over 300+ guests a night.
When corporate America became unbearably draining for the two, they decided to move to California where Randy was the Corporate Chef of the famous cruffin maker, Mr. Holmes Bakehouse. Here is where he finds his true passion again for the world of craft pastry making and becomes absolutely enamored with the world of Viennoiserie (what's that you ask? just Google it! 😜 ) During this time in sunny California, Laura Kate works at the lovely 20th Century Cafe (San Fransisco, CA) and later Clark Street Bread (Los Angeles, CA).
At the height of the Covid-19 Pandemic back in early 2020 they decide to move back to Cincinnati and begin to pursue their dream of opening their own business!
A few notables/training of our chefs:
- 2004 Top 10 Pastry Chef of America recipient (by Chocolatier, Pastry Art & Design Magazines)
- 2003 Winner, Best Sugar Artistry, National Pastry Team Championships, Las Vegas NV
- 2003 Team Captain, National Pastry Team Championships, Las Vegas NV
- 2008, James Beard Award recipient
- Cincinnati State & Technical - Baking & Pastry Arts, Cincinnati OH
- Mec3 International School of Gelato, Rimini Italy
- Notter School of Pastry Arts & Chocolate Studio, Gaithersburg MD
- French Pastry School, Chicago, Illinois
- L’Ecole de Valrhona in Tain L’Hermitage, France
- Melissa Coppel Chocolate & Pastry School, Las Vegas, NV
Over the years, there are a few bad asses who were, in many ways, instrumental for the making of who we are today (and yet they may never know it! 😜 ):
Tina Stoeberl, Stanton Ho, Ted Bozart, Ramon Gonzales, William Barum, Brenda Hitchins, William Becker, Jacquy Pfeiffer, Sebastien Cannon MOF (Meilleur Ouvrier de France), Jean Claude Canistrier MOF (Meilleur Ouvrier de France), Jean-Philippe Maury MOF (Meilleur Ouvrier de France), Frederick Bau